Thursday, January 29, 2015

Thrifty Thursday

I can't even tell you how long my husband, Scott  and I have been looking for the perfect lamp for our living room.  We will spend hours looking at lamps and of course find the perfect one, look at the price and cringe- what can I say, we have expensive taste! ;-). Frankly, I just can't justify spending hundreds of dollars on two pieces of decor! 

From the time Scott and I bought our house, we have tried to do most of the updating ourselves.  So for my first Thrift Thursday post I will show you the lamps we decided on, the more expensive and less expensive options.  We decided to go with gold colored mercury glass lamps.  We wanted to brighten up the space a little and also to tie in with the built in bookcases Scott will be making soon. (hint hint-nudge nudge)  I specifically like the look of these mercury glass lamps from West Elm. We really need the height of these to balance the large picture we have over our couch.  But like I said before, I just can't justify spending that much money. So shopping around, I found these beauties.  They have the same height the West Elm lamps have but I think I like the shape of these even better! I will try to post a picture of everything together this weekend, things are too crazy with our little one right now. What are some of your favorite stores to buy lamps? Check back next Thursday for another Thrifty Thursday.         

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!