Tuesday, April 21, 2015

30


I always feel a little weird on my birthday.  To simply wake up one day and you are a whole year older, kind of blows my mind.  I always lie there that morning and think "I don't feel any older, yet I am."
As kids, we are continually yearning for the next birthday to come so we can do more things.  When does that stop?  22, 24, 28, 30? I remember back at my 26th birthday, and I had a hard time accepting I was entering my "late twenties," and I absolutely couldn't imagine turning 30!!  You had to have your $h*t together when you turn 30!
My mom once told me that her favorite decades were her 30's and 40's.  She felt good physically, had her career, husband, kids, and felt very content with her life. So here I am, a week away from turning 30, and I am excited! I feel confident (well at least today, I do), I feel like I dont always have my $h*T together, but I'm OK with that.  I feel blessed with my little girl and amazing husband and our little life we have built- I love it all.  Who knows what 30 will bring, but with them in my life, it cant be that bad.  So cheers 29, you have been a wonderful year, but 30 might be our best year yet!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!