Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Baby Style: Memorial Day Part 1

I'm not sure if I have mentioned this before, but my husband was in the Marine Corps when we met and first started dating.  He will be the first to tell you that Memorial Day isn't just about the cookouts, parties and beer.  Also, that it isn't Veteran's day.  It is a day specifically set aside to remember those who died protecting our freedom.  One thing we both want to instill in our children as they grow is a respect for the Americans who made the ultimate sacrifice while serving our country. 
Last year, we went as a family to a memorial service held in downtown Raleigh with one of Scott's Marine buddies.  It was actually a beautiful ceremony, and really brought home the true meaning of Memorial Day.  

So whether your attending a Memorial day cookout or Memorial service,  nothing says American pride more than Red, White and Blue.  Those colors have been one of my favorite color combos for a long time.  Here are some of my favorite Red, White and Blue clothing for the little girls.  



<>Red Eyelet Dress<>Chambray Dress<>Red Espadrille Sandals<>Jelly Sandals<>Sailboat<><>Tank<>Lace Trim Shorts<>Stars and Stripes Shorts<>


That Red Eyelet dress is probably my favorite. It just screams summer! And those shorts with the lace? I have a pair already for me and I can't wait to match my little girlfriend as soon as its warm enough! And last but not least, how many of you had Jellies! I remember I rocked those things as a little girl and actually squealed when I saw them for sale!

Here is a picture of our little American girl at the service last year.



I could just eat her up! Next week I'll round up my favorite little fellas Memorial Day styles. Happy Hump Day! 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!