Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Christmas Cards


I. Love. Christmas. Cards! It might be one of my favorite parts of Christmas. We have a bunch of friends who live far away, mainly from when Scott was in the Marines, that I just love opening their cards and watching how much their kids have grown.  I know there is Facebook where their pictures are a click away, but there is just something so old fashioned about receiving a card in the mail, it makes my heart happy. 

It took us three tries to finally nail down a date to get our Christmas Pictures taken. We were all set to go twice, but something came up where we had to change it.   

This was the last reason we had to reschedule. Scott made a rookie mistake on a hunting trip and came back with a broken nose and busted eye.  So we decided to postpone pictures until we went up to the mountains. 


I realize we are asking for a miracle, by trying to take a picture with two dogs and a toddler, but we are not a family to back down from a challenge, so we piled everyone (including the dogs) into the car, drove up to the top of the mountain and took our family pictures. 

We went with the strategy of the adults just smile and hold your pose, and lets take a million pictures, because surely one will come out with both dogs looking at the camera and Fiona smiling. Well the picture gods smiled down on us and Voila! 

We also managed one more, just the three of us. 



So if you need me, I will be addressing our 100+ Christmas cards! 



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!