Monday, October 26, 2015

Fiona's toy corner

Ever since we started the steady accumulation of toys for Fiona, I have been at a loss at where and how to store them that is A. Practical and B. keeping with the decor of our home.  I first bought a wicker basket to keep all the little toys in, but that was quickly filled.


I initially asked Scott to made several book ledges to go on the wall in her little toy corner, but that went in one ear and out the other, and he made a small little bookcase instead.  It actually turned out better.  I was able to get some of the bigger items off the floor so there was actually more floor space.   We plan on building bookshelves on either side of our fireplace this fall and so we finished this shelf how we plan to finish the fireplace bookshelves.

Here is the picture he sent me after he finished it.


I tried my first gallery wall as well here.  I have been slowly accumulating more pictures and things for one over our couch. 
We also picked up this awesome chalk/magnetic board from Home Depot and dressed it up a bit with some molding. 



 What do you think?  What are some of your storage solutions for the abundance of toys babies and children have?

I will leave you with this. Excuse me, what do you mean your trying to work! 





No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!