Wednesday, October 14, 2015

The Mudroom

Happy Wednesday!! Lately, I have felt like our house has been put on the back burner.  Be it cleaning, organizing, decorating, putting up holiday decorations, I feel like she has been sorely neglected.  But every November we have out of town guests that come for the holidays and I have finally started giving my poor house some over due attention.  
This was the mudroom right after we moved into the house. So white and so blahhh!


We removed the Pergo flooring, Scott rebuilt the window seat and lined the inside with cedar, we added bead board, molding, painted, tiled the floor, and my favorite, we re-planked the ceiling.  


The picture hanging over the key hook is a picture of a tree carving Scott and I did on my grandparents land.  It was done before we were married and basically every couple on that side of the family put their names on the tree.  We have since sold the land so that picture is even more special.  

And for a trip down memory lane- here we are carving our names. 

Anywho! Back to the mudroom! The ceiling was a labor of love.  


It originally had this light pickled wood, that was just ugly.  We actually put new planks on top, stained it the color we wanted then sealed it with Polyurethane. We couldn't figure out how to do the molding on the ceiling, so we just lined the edges with a thin piece and stained it to match. It is now one of my favorite parts of the room.  


The finishing touch actually just came in.  My mom finished the seat cushion, so now the dogs can stand guard in comfort,  now everything is tied together with the kitchen.  

Now I just need to figure out a way to keep the shoes organized and we will be on a roll! Thanks for stopping by!! 



3 comments:

  1. I wonder if you could take out the front of the seat and make shoe cubby holes , maybe even out doors on to hide the shoes when they are all put away?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if you could take out the front of the seat and make shoe cubby holes , maybe even out doors on to hide the shoes when they are all put away?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea! I just hate shoes everywhere when I walk in the door. The dogs are nuts enough to deal with.

      Delete