Wednesday, May 20, 2015

The State Farmer's Market

Happy Wednesday, everyone! Hope you are staying nice and cool! With this warm weather rolling in, it has gotten me into a full on summer mood.  I'm ready for cookouts, late nights on the porch, lightening bugs, and all the yummy fruits and veggies that become available this time of year. One of our family's favorite weekend past times, is to go to the State Farmer's Market and pick up some local produce.  We are so lucky here in Raleigh to be so close to so many great farms and nurseries.  It is the middle of Strawberry season right now, so we made sure to stop by this past weekend to pick up a pint or two or who am I kidding- gallon.

Fiona could not get enough of these red beauties.  I think she ate her weight in them as we walked through all the vendors.  


I'm not sure if it's a southern thing, or just our family, but so many of our favorite recipes have strawberries in them.  Over the next couple weeks, I will be sharing some of our favorite summertime strawberry recipes.  Hope you all enjoy them and let me know what some of your favorites are! 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!