Friday, December 16, 2016

New Hope Valley Christmas Train

We took a trip on the New Hope Valley Railroad this past weekend and it was the absolute cutest Harry Potteresque steam engine I've ever seen! It is a 1920's restored steam engine that pulls a open air passenger cars and little red caboose. 


We also happened to pre-order tickets for the coldest day we have had so far this winter! But we didn't let that stop us! We bundled up and piled onto the train and enjoyed Fiona's first Choo Choo ride, (along with a little flask to keep the adults toasty). 

Fiona thought the whole trip was great (minus the run in the Santa)! I will say it was a step up from her last Santa visit, but just barely! She basically pretended he didn't exist when he plopped himself right across from her. She did manage to squeak out she wanted a guitar for Christmas. Baby steps!


I think I lucked out and had the warmest seat in the house holding baby Evie. 



Fiona loved hearing the noises coming from the engine, we even quoted some lines from one of our favorite books, The Little Engine that Could.  
All in all, it was magical and we are definitely added it to our Christmas to-do list every year! 

And now I am off to try and find some of the presents I've hidden around the house! Here's hoping I don't pull a Clarke W. Griswald and find one hiding in my closet come May! 



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!