Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Evie Q- 1 Month update

It is totally different the second time around.  I feel like I am in a constant battle of wanting Evie to stay in the tiny tree frog posing, little bundle baby loaf phase forever and wanting her to grow and see all of those wonderful and fun milestones we have enjoyed so much with Fiona.  You are definitely more laid back the second time around, I half way think its because you just don't have the time to worry about the little things because you are still chasing the first around like normal. But like with every baby, these first weeks have flown by in a blink of an eye! 


I have been blessed with great sleepers.  Fiona started sleeping in 5 hour stretches the first week home, Evie however trumps her big sister and has consistently slept 7-9 hour stretches since the second week.  I really didn't do anything specific to achieve this, except to keep her in bright lights/daylight during the day and once the sun goes down, make a more dim and quiet atmosphere to try and get her on the correct day/night schedule. She also has a fair amount of colic/fussy time during the evenings, so she could just absolutely wear herself out before bed time. 

Evie is also a champion eater.  Fiona and I battled with breastfeeding for the first 2.5-3 months.  I ended up nursing Fi for a year and it did eventually become very natural, but we definitely had to work at it. Evie has been a pro since day one.  I don't know if it is because I am more experienced or if it is Evie, but that has definitely been another blessing especially with having a toddler bouncing around and "helping". 

We got to see her bright, beautiful smile about two weeks (since Evie is almost two months old now) and she has the sweetest little crooked grin.  I can't wait for those little smiles to happen more and more over the next weeks. 

Basically if Evie is being held (specifically by me), has her paci or is in her wrap, then she is a happy baby.  I will be posting my Newborn Must Haves soon, so if you are knee deep in the screaming newborn nightmare, maybe you can find something that might work for you and so I can remember one day if we decide to have another baby. 

Official weight at 1 month appt- 10.10lbs 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!